Thursday, July 31, 2008

tarakiboi originals v.01

BE MY LOVE-A LONGING.

Come to me in my dreams, and then
By day I shall be well again

For then the night will more than pay

The hopeless longing of the day.

Come, as thou cast’s a thousand times,
A messenger from radiant climes,

And smile on thy new world and be

As kind to others as to me!

Or as thou never cast’s in sooth
Come now, and let me dream it truth

And past my hair, and kiss my brow;

And say: My love! why suffering thou?

Come to me in your dreams and then
By day I shall be well again

for then the night will more than pay

The hopeless longing of the day.

Come live with me and be my love,
And that we will all the pleasures prove,

That valleys, groves, hills, and fields,

Woods or steeply mountains yields.

And we will sit upon the rocks
Seeing the shepherds feed their flocks

by shallow rivers, to whose falls,

Melodious birds sing madrigals.

The shepherd's swain shall dance and sing
For they delight each May morning

If those delights they mind may move

Then live with me and be my love.

No comments: